The Health and Safety Educator Award as outlined in the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission’s Strategic Plan for Young Workers is awarded annually to an educator who has demonstrated a commitment to the promotion and advancement of young worker health and safety.
- Teacher or administrator has demonstrated a commitment to creating a culture of safety for Newfoundland and Labrador Youth.
- Promotes and enhances the experience of Workplace Safety 3220, Career Development or Skilled Trades courses.
- Additional participation and advocacy of health and safety for youth through utilization of external speakers, employers, and other organizations and individuals with health and safety expertise.
- Cooperation in partnering in health and safety initiatives with WHSCC/SAFE Work NL, such as the game show, video/radio contest, youth health and safety presentations, etc.
- Goes above and beyond to support the overall message of health and safety for Newfoundland and Labrador Youth.
- Nominations for this award will be accepted from the Department of Education, School Districts, Peers, Students and WHSCC.
2012 Winner of the Health and Safety Educator Award
2011 Winner of the Health and Safety Educator Award