Anyone who uses fall protection equipment in Newfoundland and Labrador are required to complete a fall protection training course approved by WorkplaceNL. Knowing how to properly use fall protection equipment is critical for the safety of workers.
Training providers must develop their fall protection training program and submit to WorkplaceNL for approval. Upon submission, the Training Provider Registration Form must be completed and included. In addition, trainer qualifications must be submitted with the curriculum for review and approval.
Trainers are required to meet the following criteria
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Experience delivering training and knowledge of adult education principles
- Knowledge, training and experience to be competent and qualified as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations in the use of fall protection equipment, systems and planning
- Proficient knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and current Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Standards specific to fall protection systems
- Occupational health and safety (OH&S) education and training, and
- Approval by WorkplaceNL to deliver fall protection certification training.
Training providers/trainers are not permitted to offer and deliver fall protection certification training programs until they have been approved by WorkplaceNL.
Fall protection certification training has an expiry date of three (3) years upon which the course must be completed again for renewal.
For further information, you may review the Q and A for Training Providers/Trainers or call 709.778.1552, toll-free 1.800.563.9000.